This website uses non-intrusive cookies to improve your user experience. You can visit our cookie privacy page for more information.

F10 - Notification of construction project

Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015

What information needs to be notified?

Details of what is required to be notified is included in Schedule 1 of the CDM regs.

Who needs to notify?

The client for the construction work is required to send the notification.  The only exception to this is where the client is a domestic client.  In these circumstances, the responsibility for notification automatically passes to the contractor (or Principal Contractor where there is more than one).  The Principal Designer can assume the responsibility for notification of a domestic project, but only where there is written agreement between the domestic client and the Principal Designer that they will carry out the client duties.

How do I notify?

Complete the online form

We strongly recommend using our online form, which has been developed to make notification as simple and convenient as possible.  When you fill in and submit the form, it sends to HSE automatically.  You will receive an email providing you with a copy of your form and a serial number which you can use to access your form and provide updates.

If you can’t access the online form

If you do not have the facilities to use the online form then you may notify us in writing, making sure you include all relevant information, and send it to:

F10 Scanning Centre
Health and Safety Executive, c/o Central Despatch
Redgrave Court, Merton Road
Bootle, Merseyside L20 7HS